Creative self-care is not just about regular exercise, eating right, and making time to relax.
Creative self-care is about feeding your soul.
It’s making sure that you have something to be excited about when you get up in the morning.
For one, it could be family, art, and running but for you it could be something else.
You might even be unsure of what gets you going anymore.
If you are feeling, low, anxious, or generally “blah,”take your passion to fight these feelings.
Tell your fears, anxiety, and depression to hide in the closet and show them what you're made of by taking risks or by trying something new!
Meet someone new.
Try a new sport or class.
Pick up your paint brushes.
Take a dance class.
Most of all, GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY.
With all these things in mind, we bring to you our first creativity challenge;
Try Painting with your Non-Dominant Hand
To help get you started, here are a few things you can try:
1. Hold the brush like you are pointing at something but not like a pencil.
2. Enjoy the wobbliness and mistakes. They are exactly what you want.
3. Listen to some of your favorite music. It'll help you relax.
4. Do more than one painting to get into the groove of it.
If you tend to finish quickly, try different strokes and do complex ones just to challenge yourself.
5. Snap some pictures of you and your work and send them to us.